I made this card for Team Tiny’s You Tube Tea/Coffee hop and for the Spring /Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop put on by Coffee Loving Cardmakers. I’m giving an opportunity to citizens of the U.S.A. who are at least 13 years old to win a $25 e-gift card on the YouTube video. You can find the video in this post, and then you can check out the other videos from Team Tiny. For more coffee, tea, apple cider, and cocoa inspired cards check out the blog hop at http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/ . There are several sponsors, so there is a chance to win various prizes from a lot of craft companies and blogs. My YouTube giveaway ends on Thursday, June 4 and the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop goes through Friday, May 29.
As I was starting to decide upon the card to make for the hop, I read a request from my church to send cards and treats to a lady who was organizing a special greeting to a front line worker at church. She is a nurse and took off a month to work at a hospital in New Jersey with Covid-19 patients. So I made the card for her. The sentiment on the front says, “You are Tea-riffic” and the inside I stamped “Bottomless Thanks”. I hope this inspires you to make a card for a front line worker or someone who is home by themselves or anyone else who needs encouragement. I wish everyone well and please take care of yourselves.
I used Your Next Stamp's Love Birds stamps and dies and some stamps from Avery Elle's Tea Time for this card.
- clear embossing powder
- adhesive (double sided tape and/or glue)
- Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock - White (or other alcohol ink friendly paper)
- Kraft A2 Size Card Base
- Kraft colored or light brown card stock
- White card stock
- Your Next Stamp and Dies - Love Birds
- Avery Elle Tea Time Stamps
- Sizzex Big Shot Die Cut Machine (or other die cutting machine)
- Heat embossing tool (if you want to emboss your sentiment)
- EK Success Powder Tool (or something similar)
- Copic Markers - W3, W5, W7, E00, E02, B000, B00, B02, BG10, BG13, & BG18
- Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Mini Distress Ink
- Tim Holtz Tea Dye Mini Distress Ink
- Tim Holtz Mini Blending Tool
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink
- Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables
- Lawn Fawn Lacy Heart Stackables
- Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Stamp two of the love bird images from Your Next Stamps Love Birds on white card stock. If you are going to use alcohol markers like Copics, you need to use alcohol friendly paper and stamp pads like Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock and Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. Then color the images how you like. I used colors to make them look like blue masked love birds, which have a black or grey head, light blue chest, and darker blue or turquoise wings. They also have a little white section just below the black mask. You can check my list of colors to see which Copic markers I used. If you aren't using alcohol markers, then you can use different stamp pads and paper. Cut out the stamped images with Your Next Stamp's Love Bird Dies and die cutting machine or scissors.
- Cut out a rectangle piece of white card stock. I used the smallest rectangle in Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Stackable Dies to do this. If you are going to emboss the sentiment, then use your embossing tool (or powder tool) to go over the paper. This prevents the embossing powder from sticking to the paper except for where you stamp. Then stamp the sentiment with Salty Ocean Distress Ink. I used the sentiment "You are Tee-riffic". Pour clear embossing powder over the sentiment. (I like to do this over a coffee filter so I can use the filter to pour the embossing powder back in the jar.) Then use a heat embossing tool to emboss the image. Some heat tools need to be turned on for awhile before embossing. I like to use tweezers to hold the paper so I don't burn my fingers.
- Cut out a card front (A2 size card is 51/2" x 4 1/4") from brown card stock. I used the largest die in the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables which is slightly smaller than A2 size card. This allowed the card base to frame it. Cut out brown heart with Lawn Fawn's medium heart from Outside in Stitched Heart Stackables and white cardstock with Lawn Fawn's middle sized heart from Lacy Heart Stackables. Then use a blending tool to go around the edges of the brown rectangle and brown heart with tea dye distress ink. Finally, use a blending tool to go around the edges of the sentiment rectangle and white lacy heart with salty ocean distress ink.
- Use a tea cup stamp from Avery Elle's Tea Time and Salty Ocean Ink to stamp several tea cups on the front panel of the card (brown rectangle). Try to get the cup going different directions and stamp off the card on some of the images. You'll want to make sure you have a surface under your paper that can be wiped off or put down a protective barrier between it and your table. Then use a tea bag stamp (there's one with both stamp sets) and tea dye distress ink to stamp around the card front filling in empty areas.
- Adhere the card panel to the front of your card base. Glue the brown heart to the center of the white heart and use adhesive to attach the sentiment and heart to the card. Then use dimensional squares or glue dots to adhere your stamped bird images. I used dimensional squares that I made with chipboard and double sided tape.
The cost just represents the approximate costs of materials used, not the tools. This also depends if you pay retail price or sale price.
As a member of affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases from links on this website. This does not cost you anything, but allows me to earn an income to pay for the website.
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock - White
Avery Elle Tea Time Stamps
Lawn Fawn Lacy Heart Stackables
Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables
Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackable Dies
Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink
Tim Holtz Mini Blending Tool
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Mini Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Mini Distress Ink
Copic Sketch Markers
Ek Success Powder Tool
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider and Tape
Sizzex Big Shot Plus
Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder
Elizabeth Craft Fine Pointed Tweezers