I made some Christmas cards for Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #156 which was a card sketch challenge. Since the card sketch has a 1/3 and 2/3 divide, I used two rectangles of each pattern and cut them to make two reverse cards. This design is easy to make in an assembly line fashion so you can make multiple cards.
- Honeydew Nuvo Embellishment Mousse
- Sage Green Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Heavenly White Cardstock (or other card stock that is alcohol marker friendly)
- Patterned Paper - I used a piece from My Mind's Eye Sugar Plum
- Green and White Twine
- Silver Embossing Powder
- Silver Stickles
- Silver Snow Flake Stickers
- Glossy Accents
- Washi Tape or tape
- Newton's Nook Ornaments Stencil
- Nuvo Media Spatula
- Newton's Nook Designs A Kitten Christmas Stamp Set
- Stamp Block
- Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Circle Dies
- EK Success Embossing Tool
- Heat Tool for Heat Embossing
- Versa Mark Stamp Pad
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Silver or Green Ink Pad
- Copic Markers R46, RV32, G46, YG61, YG63, YG67, W00, W1, W3, W5, and W7
- Paper Cutter (not necessary, but helpful)
- Score Board and Bone Folder (not necessary, but helpful)
- Die Cutting Machine
- Cut out all your paper pieces. I cut one rectangle of mixed media paper, plain cardstock, and patterned paper with the largest die from Lawn Fawn's Outside in Stitched Rectangle Stackables. If you don't have a die cutting machine, just cut them 5 1/4" x 4 1/4". Cut out your colored card stock to make two A2 size cards. You can also use two pre-made A2 size card bases. Use a circle or rectangle die to cut out Heavenly White card stock for your stamped images. I used the second smallest rectangle in Lawn Fawn's Outside in Stitched Rectangle Stackables. I used Art Impressions Circle Double Stitched Circle Dies for the circle.
- Place the ornament stencil over the mixed media paper and keep it stationary with purple tape or Pixie Spray. Use the spatula to smear the embellishment mousse over the stencil. My mousse seemed partially dry, but it became more creamy and workable as I spread it over the stencil. Once you finish covering the paper, then remove the stencil and let the mousse dry on the paper before working with it. Clean the stencil and spatula right away otherwise the mousse will be hard to remove. I cover my jar of mousse with press and seal before putting on the lid. This helps to keep it from drying out as quickly.
- Cut the patterned paper horizontally 2 1/2" down from the top. Use the silver embossing powder to emboss the sentiment on the right hand side of each piece of patterned paper. I use an embossing tool to go over the paper before stamping with Versa Mark Ink. This keeps the embossing powder from sticking to the paper except where you stamp. If you don't have an embossing tool, you can rub your paper with cornstarch or baby powder. Then sprinkle the embossing powder over the sentiment and knock off loose embossing powder. Use a heat tool for embossing to melt the embossing powder. When the embellishment mousse has dried cut that paper horizontally so that you can use opposite pieces with the patterned paper. If it isn't dry, you can do the coloring first.
- Stamp a sentiment inside the card base. I stamped one card with silver ink and one card with green ink. I framed the sentiment with stamped holly leaves.Then I colored the berries with a red Copic marker.
- Glue the larger piece of stenciled paper on top of the plain card stock and the thin strip of patterned paper on the bottom. Glue the remaining pieces on the other piece of white card stock.
- Wrap a piece of cord or twine around the card and tie a bow. I taped the back with some washi tape to hold it in place. Then glue the panel to the front of the card base. You can also tape it with double sided tape, but if you use glue, you have time to move it to make sure it is centered.
- Stamp the small rectangle or circle with one of the kitten stamps using Memento Tuxedo black ink or other ink that can be used with alcohol ink markers. Then color the image with Copics or other markers. Attach the image to the left hand side of the card using dimensional squares. I made some with chipboard and double sided tape so wouldn't have to use foam squares.
- Embellish the image with silver stickers, glossy accents, and/or silver stickers.
As a member of affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases from links on this website. This does not cost you anything, but allows me to earn an income to pay for the website.
Tsukineko - VersaMark Watermark - Stamp Pad
Tsukineko - Memento Full Size Dye Inkpad - Tuxedo Black
Nuvo - Deluxe Adhesive
Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Silver
Nuvo Media Spatulas 2 Pack
Art Impressions Circle Double Stitched Dies
Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackable Dies
Copic Sketch Markers
Ek Success Powder Tool
Honeydew Nuvo Embellishment Mousse