Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Additional Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
This is a recipe I created from a basic shortbread recipe. If you use real maple syrup, these turn out really flavorful.
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cream together butter, syrup, and sugar.
- Mix flour, corn starch, and nuts in another bowl.
- Mix flour mixture into butter mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Kneed dough until smooth. Don't over kneed the dough, or your cookies will be tough.
- Spray a shortbread pan with cooking oil
- Press dough into pan and then prick all over with a fork. If you don't have a shortbread pan, use a round cake pan, pie pan, or square 8" pan.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes.
- Let Cool for 10 minutes and then cut around side of pan and turn the pan upside down to release the cookies. Then cut the cookies into wedges.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g