This is a rainbow glitter card I made for Lawnfanatics challenge #73 -Birthday.
This colorful card is created with distress ink rainbow background and animals and music notes created from Lawn Fawn's Concert Critters stamps and dies and Lawn Fawn's Little Music Notes.
- A2 Size Card Base and Envelope
- Lawn Fawn Sparkle Pixie Dust Card Stock
- Lawn Fawn Spring Sparkle Card Stock
- Dimensional Squares or Glue Dots
- double sided adhesive tape or glue
- Ranger Purple Embossing Powder or use distress ink with clear embossing powder
- Water Color Paper
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangular Stackable Dies
- Lawn Fawn Simple Wavy Banner Dies
- Lawn Fawn Wavy Sayings
- Lawn Fawn Music Notes Dies
- Lawn Fawn Concert Critters Stamps
- Lawn Fawn Concert Critters Dies
- Sizzex Big Shot Plus (or any other die cut machine)
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Heat Tool for Embossing
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink
- Tim Holtz Shaded Lilac Distress Ink
- Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Distress Ink
- Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress Ink
- Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink
- Copic Markers - V01, B00, Y15, YG03, W9, YR16, YR21, R24,
- Cut out an A2 size rectangle (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") of water color paper. I've also heard that Bristol Smooth card stock works good for this technique. I used the largest size die in the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangular Stackable Dies set.
- Create the rainbow background by using distress ink and blending tool or brush. Start with shaded lilac on the left hand side and cover about 1/4 of the card. Then use the salty ocean distress ink and start overlapping part of the lilac and cover through the halfway point on the card. Then use scattered straw overlapping on the blue so you get green between the blue and yellow. Have the yellow go until about 3/4 across the card. Then do the rest of the card with barn door and overlap on the yellow to create orange. Keep blending your inks on the paper until you get it to look how you like.
- Adhere the background you created to the front of your card base. I used my Scotch ATG for this.
- Cut a banner shape from white card stock. If you are going to emboss your sentiment, then go over the banner with an embossing tool (powder) to keep the embossing powder from sticking any place other than where you stamp. Then, stamp the "Happy Birthday" saying with a wet ink like Versa-mark or distress ink. If you don't have any embossing powder, then just stamp whatever color and type of ink that you have. Sprinkle your embossing powder over the sentiment and tap off excess powder. Then use your heat tool to melt the embossing powder. You'll know when it's done because the powder darkens and looks shiny. I used purple embossing powder, but you can also use a distress ink of your choice and use clear embossing powder.
- Cut out the music staff and notes out of Lawn Fawn Spring Sparkle card stock using the Lawn Fawn Little Music Notes.
- Stamp the bird, owl, fox, and raccoon with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (or other alcohol friendly ink) on the Lawn Fawn Pixie Dust Sparkle card stock. You can use the distress ink to stamp the music notes and music book. Color your images with alcohol markers. I used Copic markers. Cut out the images with the coordinating dies.
- Place all the images on your card to figure out where you want to adhere them. I used double sided adhesive to adhere the music staff, notes, and banner. Then use dimensional squares or glue dots to adhere the animals and music book. I made my own dimensional squares out of cardboard and double sided tape.
The cost just includes the amount of supplies used and not the tools.
As a member of affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases from links on this website. This does not cost you anything, but allows me to earn an income to pay for the website.
Strathmore water color paper
Ranger Purple Embossing Powder
Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink
Copic Sketch Markers
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider and Tape
Lawn Fawn Spring Sparkle Card Stock
Lawn Fawn Pixie Dust Sparkle Card Stock
Tim Holtz Barn Door Mini Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Mini Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Mini Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Shaded Lilac Mini Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Mini Blending Tool
Ek Success Powder Tool
Lawn Fawn Little Music Notes
Sizzex Big Shot Plus
Lawn Fawn Critter Concert Dies
Lawn Fawn Critter Concert Stamps
Lawn Fawn Wavy Sayings
Lawn Fawn Simple Wavy Banner Die
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangular Stackable Dies