This recipe was inspired by the Sock it to Me Cake from the 1960's which is a Bundt cake made with a butter and sour cream batter and streusel filling.
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Make the streusel mixture by melting 6 Tbsp butter in a pan and stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Let it cool and pour it into a squeeze bottle or zip lock bag to squeeze into pancake. If you are using a Ziploc bag, don't cut a corner until you are ready to pipe it into the pancake.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp milk, and 1 tsp vanilla for the icing. Put it in a squeeze bottle to pipe on pancakes. You can also use a Ziploc bag or piping bag or drizzle the pancakes using a spoon.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pecans in a large bowl.
- Mix 6 Tbsp melted butter, sour cream, 1 3/4 cups milk, and 2 tsp vanilla in medium sized bowl. Then mix in 2 eggs until mixed thoroughly. The butter may congeal into small pieces as it gets cold. Just mix it the best you can. It will melt as you stir all the ingredients and melt completely when you cook the pancakes.
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix because that will cause your pancakes to be tough. Just mix until the ingredients are mostly incorporated and you still have small lumps.
- Heat a skillet or griddle until it is hot and grease with butter or oil. If you have an electric griddle, you can set it around 325 degrees. When the griddle is hot, scoop batter on your griddle. (I scooped enough batter to make 4" pancakes, which was about 1/4 - 1/3 cup.)
- When the pancake stops spreading, you can pipe the brown sugar mixture on each pancake. I did a swirl pattern. Let them cook until small bubbles form on top of your pancake.
- Flip the pancakes over and let them cook until the other side is done. This will take about a minute or two.
- Serve them on a plate and drizzle them with the icing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 8g