I made this patriotic fireman card for Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge. They have a card sketch to use for the contest. I made the fireman card for my cousin who retired from the Air Force as a Fire Chief.
- A2 size card base
- Doodlebug Design Land that I love 6x6 paper pad (or other patriotic paper)
- Glossy Accents
- Enamal Accents Classic Cherry
- Glue and/or double sided tape
- White Cardstock
- Copic Friendly paper like Spectrum Noir for stamping the fire truck
- Foam Squares
- Copic Markers (or other markers or colored pencils) R24, R29, R46, Y15, B000, W3, and W9
- Lawn Fawn Outside in Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Die Cutting Machine if using dies
- Newton's Nook Designs Love Emergency Stamps
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (or other stamp pad that is alcohol ink friendly)
- Blue Stamp pad like Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue
- Acrylic stamp blocks or Stamp platform
Cut out the dark blue firework paper with the largest rectangle from the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables. This will be 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" if you are using scissors or a paper cutter. Glue that on the top of your card base or use double sided tape. Cut out coordinating paper with the second largest rectangle from the Outside in Stitched Rectangle Stackables. This is 4 1/4" x 3". Glue or use double sided tape to adhere that to the center of the card. Cut a strip of coordinating paper going horizontally. Adhere that near the bottom of the smaller rectangle. Then cut out a rectangle from your white card stock. I used the second smallest die from the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables which is 3 1/2" x 2 1/4". Stamp your sentiment at the top of this rectangle with blue ink. I used the sentiment "You always come to the RESCUE!" Then adhere that rectangle to the left hand side overlapping the other rectangles. Stamp the fire truck on alcohol ink friendly paper using Lawn Fawn Jet balck ink or other ink that is alcohol ink friendly. If you are using colored pencils you can use any stamp pad. Then color your fire truck. Cut out your fire truck with scissors or use the coordinating die if you have it. Put foam squares on the back of the fire truck and remove the adhesive and attach the fire truck to the card. Apply glossy accents to the sirens and windows to make them look like glass. Add dots of Enamel Accents for added decoration. Then let the glossy accents and Enamel Accents dry before handling the card.
As a member of affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases from links on this website. This does not cost you anything, but allows me to earn an income to pay for the website.